OUR FOCUS: FINANCIAL PLANNING, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, AND BUSINESS ADVISORY
Financial planning is our core business. Our team regularly reviews our clients' strategies for responding to life and market changes. We serve as your hands-on partner, providing holistic planning advice working collectively to deliver solutions designed to help you achieve your financial goals.
Combining vision with action steps, a competent financial plan includes cash flow planning, retirement planning, education planning, income and estate tax reduction, and mitigation of financial risks. Our process utilizes planning software to help analyze and present the components of your financial plan. We then guide the implementation of your plan with sound decisions that create a road map to your financial destination.
HOLISTIC FINANCIAL PLANNING:
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship - The financial planner explains or documents the services to be provided and the defines his or her responsibilities along with the responsibilities of the client. The planner explains how he or she will be paid and by whom. The planner and client should agree on how long the relationship will last and on how decisions will be made.
- Gathering client data and determining goals and expectations - The financial planner asks about the client's financial situation, personal and financial goals and attitude about risk. The planner gathers all necessary documents at this stage before giving advice.
- Analyzing and evaluating the client's financial status - The financial planner analyzes client information to assess his or her current situation and determine what must be done to achieve the client's goals. Depending on the services requested, this assessment could include analyzing the client's assets, liabilities and cash flow, current insurance coverage, investments or tax strategies.
- Developing and presenting the financial planning recommendations and/or alternatives - The financial planner offers financial planning recommendations that address the client's goals, based on the information the client provided. The planner reviews the recommendations with the client to allow the client to make informed decisions. The planner listens to client concerns and revises recommendations as appropriate.
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations - The financial planner and client agree on how recommendations will be carried out. The planner may carry out the recommendations for the client or serve as a "coach", coordinating the process with the client and other professionals such as attorneys, accountants, or insurance agents.
- Monitoring the financial planning recommendations - The client and financial planner agree upon who will monitor the client's progress toward goals. If the planner is involved, he or she should report to the client periodically to review the situation and adjust recommendations as needed.
Rather than using "one-size-fits-all" investment management strategies, we build and manage custom portfolios intended to help achieve the individual objectives of each client. Our success, therefore, depends upon a detailed understanding of each of our clients, as guided and documented by an in-depth financial plan. We recognize that investing for your financial future entails a significant emotional commitment for clients. Our job is to employ logic and process to help manage client emotions and overcome behavioral errors.
We cannot predict the future of the financial markets. But we can assure you of investment management services based on respect, investment knowledge, and actions taken in your best interests.
Cary Street Partners does not render legal, accounting, or tax advice. Please consult your tax or legal advisors before taking any action that may have tax consequences.
BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES
Business owners and corporate executives often have more complex needs integrated with the needs of their businesses. We often see personal planning and investment needs subordinated to the needs of the business.
Accordingly, we strive to help address the challenges, specialized needs, and concerns of business owners and corporate executives. Examples of business advisory services include:
- Deferred compensation plans
- Executive compensation optimization
- Key person life insurance
- Concentrated stock exposure
- Asset protection and mitigation of litigation risks
When crafting an integrated wealth management plan, we draw on our expertise in: